View Single Post

Old 11-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Is a charge for Town Square Entertainment close at hand??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline
So far there are alot of "understandings", "rumors", "he said/she said", "the Town square merchants pay", or even the "refreshment stands" pays.......but the real fact is NO ONE appears to really know who is paying for the entertainment. We (myself included) all assume this is part of the Villages lifestyle and it will continue forever but I see big RED flags on the horizon especially after 2010.
Doubt if they will start charging for entertainment on the squares because of the competition success often brings. The Villages is very successful it seems and other developers will want to get their own piece of the pie. So, unless the Villages in 2010 wants a number of people to move to new developments in the area, they will probably continue with the features that drew people to TV in the first place. Like free entertainment in the Villages 2 squares in 2007. 3 squares in 2010?

My guess is that the Villages pays the entertainers but that the rent the various liquor vendors pay for the spots on the squares is adjusted for the number of people coming for the entertainment i.e. it has probably been going up from year to year. Just a guess though.