View Single Post

Old 12-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Default Websites for Social Activities Within Villages??

Many thanks to all who responded to my question about "better villages." Not certain that many understood that we were not looking for the perfect village, just trying to eliminate a few of the potential hickups that always enter a search for a new home. At our age, this well may be our last move. We'd like to make it a good one. I do wish some of the hundreds of lurkers had commented, but that's the nature of forums such as this. Thanks again.

New Question:

I've found a few websites that are maintained by individuals for an specific village's social activities or a specific recreational club. If you know of a website such as this, would you respond with the URL or e-mail me if you'd rather that publically list it?

I'm interested in learning how people discover what's happening within their villages: by website, by newsletter, by flyers posted on the lamp post, phone calls, etc.

After I was downsized from my Sales & Marketing position many years ago, I remade myself as a website designer and enjoyed a number of interesting years before I retired.

Hope to apply these skills at the villages as soon as we get located.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)