View Single Post

Old 12-04-2007, 06:42 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.
Default Re: How to Get Rid of All Your Stuff

Our friend who moved to TV in June 2006 lived in the family home in Newton, MA. She chose to give a lot of stuff away and the rest she threw away, said that she wanted to begin her life in TV with a new slate. She has absolutely no regrets and doesn't understand why we're having so much trouble getting rid of all of our junk. Intellectually I know she is correct; I couldn't believe my eyes when we visited her for the first time since she'd moved to TV; she looks 10 years younger and is incredibly happy! She moved to TV in her Toyota with a handful of personal items, her ancient dog and a friend to help with the driving . All the furniture in her house she purchased while in TV for the closing so that everything was in it's place when she arrived.

We will try to take her advice; I know it would simplify things but it's tough for us pack rats. 1rnfl