View Single Post

Old 09-24-2014, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Olberman has done several hate pieces on Jeter in the past. I think that the doesn't like the fact that Jeter hasn't produced a lot of off the field or in the clubhouse scandals for him to write about.

As a life long Red sox fan I have to say that Derek Jeter is certainly one of the greatest players that I have ever seen. He has also been a total class act for his entire career.

Olberman, who would probably not make the top 100 sports commentators in history turned that fact into a negative in one piece that he did on Jeter.

Olberman was originally a sports commentator and then he turned to politics. He was so bad, so biased and so divisive that even one of the most biased news networks in existence fired him. He's not much better as a sport commentator. All he does is stir up hate and divisiveness.

Come to think of it, he's probably not in the to 100 broadcasters in history. I honestly don't know why he's on television at all. I can't stand watching the guy and I know a lot of people that feel the same way.

Derek Jeter on the other hand is admired by millions of sports fans all over the country. He has been honored by every team in baseball during this, his last season. Olberman hates this fact. He can't stand to ever see anything good happen.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.