View Single Post

Old 09-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Gee, I so love being called small and sad because I don't idealize (or did you mean idolize) a ball player and to be accused of inherent nastiness for daring to say Jeter deserves the Hall of Fame but not to be called the greatest shortstop of all time. NOT!!!!

I also don't see where it is required that a sportsreporter be required to be a former athlete. Sometimes the best writers and reporters have never participated in their area of expertise but have studied that field extensively and know enough to be able to write about it knowledgeably.

This is ridiculous. Neither bosoxfan nor I denied Jeter's talents. We just happened to agree that the hyperbole about his innate ability was just that -- hyperbole. Yes, he is great. Yes, he is truly a class act. No, he is not the greatest. His own stats prove that.

Now, where is anything said by me nasty, small or sad? Rags and Pequot, I sincerely think you two owe both bosoxfan and me an apology.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein