View Single Post

Old 09-24-2014, 09:48 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
My comments still stand.

WHAT motivation is there to post a negative tirade, or whatever it was (I did not listen to it..I just know his work from others of this type.

A teammate makes a comment, and an expected one. A professional hater fills up the airways with a totally unnecessary commentary...his right of course, BUT THEN some brings that here to start a thread. THAT is what I do not get. A thread on who folks think is the greatest....sure..that makes sense.

Starting a thread with this kind of obvious rhetoric makes no sense...I do not see WHY.

THAT is what upset me...not defending Jeter, or even trying to make a case for anything. I just do not get starting a thread like this as he retires.

Based on your screen name, I suppose some might think it is some sort of requirement...not sure, but my opinion is that it was a lousy, mean way to begin a discussion that you obviously wanted to center on Jeter. No aking for comments on HIM...you asked for comments on a trashing of him. THAT is what set me off.

If my comments are offensive, sorry. Starting a thread asking for discussion of negative comments IS NOT the same as beginning a thread to discuss the person, or who folks think is the best ss, or even asking if people think Jeter is the best.
The reason I started this thread was to have a discussion.about a topic many have opinions about. I didn't start this to be hateful or felt I needed to because of my screen name. Baseball fans have long debated players abilities.