View Single Post

Old 12-05-2007, 12:18 AM
Dancing Thyme
Default Re: What Christmas traditions do you keep alive?

I'm not much of a traditional Christmas person, actually I am not "fond" of the holidays, except that I have a 91 year old Italian father who is extremely traditional, almost to a fault. So each year, on Christmas Eve, I have to cook the traditional Italian fish meal of calamari with spaghetti with red sauce, baccalla (dried cod), flounder (if I can find it here in L.A.) and he loves my baked fish dish. I enjoy it so much only because he does.

On Christmas Day, he expects his Lasagna or Manicotti and a complete 3 course dinner with nuts and dried fruit at the end, and of course, all the pies I make, apple crumb, pumpkin and lemon meringue.

On the other hand, in my drinking days, my favorite Christmas tradition was Kahlua and cream, and enough of them until I could no longer function.... That's my idea of tradition.

Merry Christmas, Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....