View Single Post

Old 12-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.
Default Re: What religions are people in the Villages?

Thanx Taltarzac,

By the way I am a Quaker, but then again you knew that Tal lol

I for one am for lots of discussion about varied topics. "A mind is like a parachute, it only works when open" Author Unknown, (by me at least lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ
I find open discussion about politics not only interesting, but beneficial as well. It is our duty to question the decisions of those in office and to evaluate, through open discourse, those who we would have lead us. If we remain silent on the political and social issues of the day, regardless of the reason, we would be inviting dangerous times upon us. If you don't like the program....change the channel....all it takes is a single click.

I also enjoy stimulating discussions on philosophy, metaphysics, contemporary organized religions and non-organized belief systems, mysticism, agnostic or atheistic arguments, ancient religions.....heck, you name it. But this forum has not evolved to that level....but I'm hoping. Those with closed minds are usually uninformed or worse...misinformed.

Good idea posting the poll Taltarzac. :bigthumbsup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfmucci
The neat thing about a forum of this nature is that it has readily discernable categories of topics with clear titles. The reader can choose to avoid or partake any of these categories. He or she need not get engaged in or troubled by the comments of others on topics that may cause blood pressure to rise. They are easily avoided by having the self control not to click on the topic. I clicked on this "Religion" topic because I was interested in "What religions are people in the Villages." It turns out that the sample is too small to really tell for sure, except that most are probably Catholic and Protestant. Gee, a cross-section of America! ;D