View Single Post

Old 12-08-2007, 02:19 AM
Default Re: Does Anyone Have The "Real" Story On New Year's Eve On The Squares?

Well VK let me give you my take on the subject..

This incident may or may NOT have had an influence on the decision??? :dontknow:

December 1st was the tree lighting ceremony. I arrived early with some friends and we managed front row seats in the square. As more folks arrived a group with their own folding chairs made a row in front of ours. To tell you the truth we really didn't care but these people were infringing on the dance area. We were just there to sing carols and enjoy the ceremony and entertainment. After the tree lighting the band started to play. We witnessed this lady collapse and as she was helped up to her feet it became very evident she was plastered! OK.. The dance area was jammed and I decided to head home. My friends stayed to dance a bit more. Apparently right after I left some man who was line dancing and apparently drunk collided with another woman line dancer (not who he was dancing with) the man blue a fuse and THREW the lady into seating area!! My friends said that if I would have still been there this poor lady would have crashed right into me. Needless to say many of the surrounding men went after this guy!
Before you knew it there was some sort of brawl there taking place..

I am not against responsible drinking but there were those FEW who use these parties as an excuse to overindulge !!

My husband and I attended last years New Years celebration and although it was very crowded the overall crowd was not out of control. I hate to see the late night part of the celebration cancelled but maybe just maybe it had something to do with the incident above..

I think maybe they ought to use one of those empty stores in LSL and make it a VILLAGE JAIL!! :cop: