View Single Post

Old 12-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Driving your golf cart when it is foggy or raining.

The cause of the subject accident was failure to yield not visbility. If a driver runs a stop sign, I don't think fog lights would have helped all that much. A halogen strobe may have helped, and even then, maybe. Lights do help to make your cart more visible and I doubt that fog lights, especially when it's really foggy, are blinding to the point of being unsafe.

As far as defensive driving in fog or otherwise, it's a no-brainer that the best defense when driving in fog or otherwise is to use your eyes, be aware of all vehicles around you at all times and maintain a safe speed in given weather and road surface conditions. Fog and/or rain coupled with aging drivers around these parts means "slow down" and be ever watchful.

And while I'm pondering this topic, I assume that early morning walkers have had close calls in the fog in Dodge City (pun intended). I leave Dodge at oh-dark-thirty every morning and in the recent spates of fog, walkers are often hard to spot especially on outside turns. If there are any walkers out there, do yourself a favor and walk after the fog burns off. It's better for your health and well being.

Dennis: Sorry this happened to you. Getting hit by a car while in your golf cart must have been a truly scary experience. Hope you heal real soon.

Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL