View Single Post

Old 12-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Is a charge for Town Square Entertainment close at hand??

Be of good cheer....the Villages lifestyle can only get better as time goes by. Kick back and enjoy the ride. The developer's family isn't going anywhere and leave so many banks, furniture stores, income properties and all that jazz behind. It is in his and his family's interest to see continuing success and a lifestyle that makes us want to be here rather than anyplace else.

In the next 10 years, it has been projected by experts that know infinitely more than I about demographics, that 77 million babyboomers will be retiring. It is projected that fully 1/3 of that number will retire to Florida. I can't imagine developers with vision like the Schwartz and Morse families would not be prepared to convert that influx into positive, trend setting, advantage to their interests and the interest of The Villages, even after buildout.

I wonder how buildout will effect Villages property values with our amenities already in place? As building and labor costs naturally rise in the future, it seems to me competing communities would not be able to offer a comparable home and amenities for anything but much greater prices than we bought into.

From a business standpoint, the family name is forever linked to the Villages. I cannot imagine a desire to degrade the brand. There has been much said about the developer's control over media "spin". I submit the pursuit of that control only reinforces the position that maintaining and improving the image of the Villages is in the interest of the decision makers.

I don't know him or work for him, but if I bump into him on the street, I will thank him for his family's vision that has given my wife and I a retirement lifestyle that we never imagined in our working, family raising years.

Sometimes I think the rumors and disinformation are started by people that know what a great "thing" we have going and are sending up smoke screens and red herrings to keep people from finding out how wonderful it is here. That was tongue in cheek, don't get excited, it was a joke.

The Christmas Parade was great! Have a nice weekend.