View Single Post

Old 10-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
Not sure I understand this practice. Who's taking the vitals, a med assistant, a lab tech, or a nurse practitioner? Seems like the only way an office visit could be charged is if you see a provider, physician or nurse practitioner. I would call my ins company and ask if they know they are paying for an office visit when a provider was not seen. Med records used to have to back up any office visit and I actually thought this is still true today. My understanding is that every visit should (or must?) have a format in which they obtain the reason for your visit, a review of systems, an exam and then an assessment and plan. They must have found some loophole and I find this shameful. I am in the med field and just can't believe they are doing something like this.
Hi Medtrans: How many people actually received their med bills and of those how many bother to read them?. if coded as an office visit who is going to challenge it?

In ,y view a strong motivator for all of this is that medicare is cutting payments to the bone along with private insurers challenging bills. doc need to get pay somehow to mange their offices and meet all the regulations and paper work demanded by both the government and private insurers