View Single Post

Old 12-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: What religions are people in the Villages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ
Interesting. NK cells are usually associated with cytokines and immune response to microbial insults i.e. spec. viral infections. There is a lot of research going on with regard to the elevation of specific cytokines and the abatement of autism in children during febrile episodes. There appears to be a nexus. But, I don't see the nexus between cytokine production, NK cell activation and the disorders experienced by victims of crime vis-a-vis PTSD. My daughter did her doctoral dissertation on the crystallization and characterization of the molecular structure of specific cytokine protein structures. I might touch base with her next time we speak.

Weird talk for a poll on religion.
I was just one of what I gather many subjects. I was subject 613 out of probably thousands or so of people in this USCF Medical School study. At the time, the study had nothing to do with victims of crime just on stress levels and such on the unemployed. They could have become unemployed for any number of reasons.

I used 6 1 3 just to note that a researcher at UCSF Medical School had told me that I had had a good cause in my correspondence-- then snail mail-- with many victims organizations I was writing from a list of 8000 or so such groups who were in the 1991 Directory of Victim Assistance Programs and Resources put out by the National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA). Some of these were church affiliated as it seems that in the early days of the victim rights movement-- churches and other religious organizations were the only place that survivors of crimes could turn. Of course, in this snail mail I also used 2 2 4 because I had been checking libraries from February 1976 onward off and on looking for materials that would help survivors and victims of crime. Did not find much of anything actually until I ordered the 1991 NOVA Directory of Victim Assistance Programs and Resources. I checked a lot of libraries for this NOVA resource but very few libraries in 1992 and later had this resource.

There is a very important religious angle to this mainly because I had been trying to get these religious organizations involved with persuading libraries to meet the needs of people affected by crime. These were religious organizations of many faiths-- Jewish, Catholic, Baptist, Mormon, Muslim, Buddhist, Scientologist, etc.