View Single Post

Old 12-10-2007, 01:14 AM
Default Re: Why go with TV Real Estate office?

I bought finally in August and settled in September and believe me they do not try to sell your home unless they have exhausted all chances of finding you a new one. Even then you have to push them to see a resale.

Here is my experience on my visit and views of homes on-line prior to my visit.

First I was sent pics of properties under construction and for sale as new. With none or very little discount.

We had asked to stay close to Sumter Landing as this was our choice of area initially.
We were told they were all sold out, that nothing was available in the area. Not even seller resales.

We had yet to discover the resale site of TV properties, until a outside Realtor gave me the website info. Upon finding this site and seeing homes for sale asked my sales rep for info about the home only to be put off or given as little info about it as possible. Now some have Virtual Tours most don't or didn't when we looked and asking questions for the sales rep to go and look was a waste of time with so many excuses we finally didn't bother.

So we hooked up with an outside Realtor who showed us the resales they and others that were listed. They had no access to TV listed properties because TV does not put your property on the MLS, the put it on the VLS (Villages listing service) and Realtors can't sell them or so they claimed.

Upon our arrival and setup appointments with both we started out with TV rep. Funny how everything was sold in the new homes near the square. Or so we were told, to find out later this was bogus only after they tell you that we have gotten these new homes here just released for us to sell. BS, they had them all along. They wanted to sell out another community first at higher prices before ever showing you others with big discounts that are in older communities. None of which were resales. Only after turning everything down in the closeout communities will they show resales and since there are many people buying these days they have little time left for you and wish to move on to another customer.

If your persistent they may come back as our sales agent with TV did by my constant pressure of wanting and ready to buy. Then and only then did these new communities with big discounts and also paid for settlements come up.

We found one in Hadley Village (Hillcrest Villas) down by Havana CC. Its very close like 1 mile to RT 466A and the new Publix. It wasn't a designer our first choice but a maintenance free Villa unit with no grass to mow.

We own several properties around the USA and found this perfect for our winter needs when we visit Florida. So to those selling through TV beware that the agents first choice told to sell are new not old. If they tell you different it's BS.

BTW we never got to meet the Realtor and view the resales from them as these discounts were so good we just didn't bother. The costs and the unit we purchased was that good for us.