View Single Post

Old 12-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: How to Get Rid of All Your Stuff

If you're going to bring things here and don't think that one of the charitable organizations will be able to take them, do join Ocala freecycle. There really are a lot of people on that site that are in need of decent household goods, clothing, etc.

In California, there were very few posting of things wanted. Here, there are many postings of things wanted and needed. I can't say I buy all of the stories of why things are needed and some of the things asked for really blows me away (vehicles, etc.) but I think there are enough who are truly in need that giving to them can't help but be a good feeling.

I sold a bit of furniture on craigslist before I moved. I brought a couple of pieces with me, including my dining room set. However, once I got here, reality set in that it was just too large and I ended up selling the table and chairs on craigslist. It hurt because I loved that table but it did sell quickly for the price I asked.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein