View Single Post

Old 12-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Does Anyone Have The "Real" Story On New Year's Eve On The Squares?

Tis sad to say that growth has it's disadvantages as well as advantages.
I recognize the agreement between the county and the Developer on maintaining the openness of the Village Squares to the public and on any other given night this is very successful. However on the small percentage of nights there are incidents, its those nights that stick in our mind. I recall Mardis Gras night, when my wife and I, returning to our car, were overrun by young folks in a hurry to urinate on the bushes along side the sales office in LSL.
I recall another summer night, no special event, young folks being very rowdy on the corner in SS between Bourbon St and Martguerita's. This began after most villagers had gone home and it was near 11PM. The presence of county sherriff cars patrolling the streets did not set well with my image of TV
Needless to say this will probably get worse before it gets better. I do agree that the Christmas Parade on the polo fields is the beginning of many more large events to be held in the private portion of TV. For safety and security and to minimize extra security costs, this only make sense
I have the greatest faith that the staff on the Villages is well aware of what needs to be done to promote the "great life" we have in TV
Handie :joke: