View Single Post

Old 12-12-2007, 02:22 PM
n/a

Default Re: First year in the Executive Office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
Thank you to all who answered my question about the list of obnoxious words. Maybe some TOTVers would like to submit some suggestions. I did not see "my bad" on it, but surely it must be there somewhere. The first time I heard someone say that, I thought she was saying, "Am I bad?" That could have started a dialogue.

A phrase that has been driving me a little nuts lately is "Sorry 'bout that." I think people who say it really do think they are being mannerly even though it sounds like they are not at all sorry and that whatever it was is your problem. I guess is is better than hearing, "I'm sorry you feel that way." My goodness, I am beginning to sound quite crotchety. I'm not really crotchety. I just can't help but notice how words work.
BB
Boomer, I think you're on to something. there are so many of these phrases today that drive me nuts also. How about "funner" its like scratching your nails on glass to me..... There are so many other, "tell me bout it!" and I could go on and on. Maybe we, or somebody, should start a new topic because it doesn't belong under Political discussions and we could have a lot of fun with it. Boomer, if you have time, could you start it, or maybe, Tal, if you're reading this, would you?? Gosh, I have a lot to say on the subject, so somebody please start it.
Thanks, Kath