View Single Post

Old 12-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Sage
Default Re: Daily Sun prints what the developer wants!

I hired an inspector when my home was approaching its one year anniversary. He is a Villages resident but has extensive credentials from his "prior life". He has a good rapport with the warranty staff. I know a number of folks who have employed him. I have not heard anyone say that the warranty department balked on legitimate punch list items. The warranty dept could not have been more responsive and efficient for us.

That being said, it seems this controversy is primarily concerning the siding issue and the inspectors recommended by the POA to identify problems. If you read the last POA bulletin, one letter to the editor was from the siding inspection company and they implied that they are gaining a consensus with the warranty department on what needs to be fixed and how. It seems to me that the POA wants to keep beating this drum even though it appears progress is being made to resolve it.

This article should not dissuade anyone from hiring a competent, qualified inspector. I'm also confident that the warranty department will address and rectify legitimate issues.