View Single Post

Old 10-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEWRDW View Post
I too would like to know of an age restricted community that is financial strong between here and Fort Myers - if anyone knows of one on the Gulf side, please let me know - thanks.
we have a home in the plantations of leesburg, lake county, which is actually in Okahumpka, about a 20 minute drive to brownwood.. we purchased a prime golf front lot stucco home $245. The HOA was and still is $86 a month, past 8 years. we are a true gated community and you are not allowed to enter unless you have gone threw security. They write down your plate and you are given a pass to display on your windshield.

The subdivision was transfered to the homeowners i believe 3 years ago when they sold there last new home, and the business managers have invested the money well. This is the reason the hoa has not changed and the reserves are in the millions.

The plantations has almost the same ammenities of the villages, just not the population. no free golf but you can join and pay for a membership.....golfs not my thing, but I do like the free hot tubs, exercise rooms, sauna and steam baths. tennis, botche ect all open till 11pm every night.....clubs are open to whatever you want to create. All included in the 84 hoa...no bonds either.

We puchased a home in the villages as well to take advantage of rental income.

Just a thought.....you might want to check out. plantations of leesburg.