View Single Post

Old 10-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
we have a home in the plantations of leesburg, lake county...

The plantations has almost the same ammenities of the villages, just not the population...
I believe there are several retirement communities along Hwy 27 south of Leesburg leading into Clermont. I like the area and we've visited Clermont many times to see the Lakeridge Winery and shop at the stores at the JC Penney shopping center. I was wondering, in that shopping center is that the closest movie theater to your community? Does the Plantations have an organized softball league year round? Do you have bowling alleys nearby?

When people start to compare one community to another, they always list golf, I take usually take that for granted. It's the other amenities and conveniences that make a difference for me. How about hospitals or in my case, the VA Clinic? How far for grocery shopping, restaurants, etc? It seems most everything necessary for day-to-day living is not near the Plantations but ten miles away in Clermont or Leesburg.

Looking at the Plantations website it's obvious you get more home for the money, but that is true in most places outside TV. Here's one home I just pulled off their website, it's a masonry 3 BR/2Ba built in 1996 and listed for $189,900. That seems like a great deal, but there is a reason, maybe it's because of lack of nearness to what we all need.

The Villages Florida