View Single Post

Old 10-20-2014, 09:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suediff View Post
I was told not to put in a water feature because it will attract snakes. Have you had any problem with them? How ling has it been in, it looks very clean.
This was the most recent photo, taken in mid-July. The water feature is now 3 1/2 years old.
My neighbor had a water feature and took it out because someone told her it attracted rats…. and she thought she spotted one. In that case (and in my opinion) it was more the birdseed she put out in various feeders, that got spilled to the ground that attracted the rodent, if that is what it was.

However, as a forethought, I had ground level lighting installed around the garden at the time of the pond installation that operates by a timer- dusk until dawn. No nighttime hiding places. Keeping the understory of the plants groomed also discourages anything from 'nesting' in spent garden debris. (keeps stuff from blowing into the water as well.)
We have had no problems with snakes or vermin- and very lovely patterns of light to highlight the garden in the evening, within the courtyard walls.

Last edited by Uptown Girl; 10-21-2014 at 04:45 AM.