View Single Post

Old 12-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.
Default Re: An Alternate To Living At The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILY
Gee I just found this site. I live in Windermere Florida .We were looking into retirement communities as my husband will retire next year . We will be looking at a lot of different locations in Fl, N.C and GA Before we make our move .I feel it's smart to look around due to not wanting to move again. But I AM REALLY SURPRIZED AT THE FEED BACK SOME NOT SO NICE .Gee I thought it was fun in a retirement community

Baily, despite what you may think from reading this thread; on our visit to TV we found the environment extremely positive. We talked to everyone... while standing in line at the burger joint, sitting on a bench eating ice cream, wandering around the town square in the evening, etc. More importantly folks talked to us.... if we looked lost or confused we were given assistance, folks we asked happily answered the myriad questions we threw at them about TV, how they got there and what their lives are like now that they live there.

As I've mentioned in another thread, we could just as easily move into a retirement community in the San Francisco Bay Area because my family owns a condo in an adult community called Rossmore which is gated, smaller and has some nice amenities but not nearly as many and certainly not anywhere near the variety of activities and clubs in which you can participate. Besides they have only three Golf courses. LOL