View Single Post

Old 12-15-2007, 07:27 PM
beartrack1
Default Re: POA Bulletin more venomous than normal?

It as my opinion as a Villages wanna be, that those of you that are anxious to have the residents run this community are going down a very slippery slope. What qualifies a resident to be a member of the board ? Only their desire to be large and in charge. They will run and win a popularity contest. Then they will govern your lives with absolutely no qualifications or experience. You will find yourself governed by " The butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker " Please tell me what qualifies any of us to be a city manager. Please look around you at the wonderful, beautiful, well run community that you are blessed to live in. How do you think that this community went from one mans dream to an entity of sixty thousand people that the vast majority of, love the place. It's not perfect but, it's as close as it gets. Putting it in the hands of unqualified amateurs will only destroy it. Someone wrote on another thread, stay with the devil you know. I can only add " If it ain't broke don't fix it. "