View Single Post

Old 12-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Golf Cart Connection

Not owning a golf cart, I look at this issue in the context of personal freedoms. I like extra speed ability. When I pass an eighteen-wheeler that's making me nervous with what appears to be an unstable load at 80 mph....I'm not worrying about my cholesterol level. And, I like taking full advantage of my 300 HP high performance screamer at those times. The freedom to purchase a high performance anything is a good thing to have. Golf carts should be no exception.

There are those among us who can handle speed with ease. If hot golf cart performance is want we want, why not have it? Extra power and speed can be used with good judgement. Unsafe drivers who are caught violating the law should be punished. Simple. These unsafe drivers have drivers licenses, do they not? Points? Suspension? Revocation? Law enforcement is key.

I think the issue centers on a balance of common sense and ability. Not heeding shortcomings in both of those areas inevitably leads to catastrophe at some point. Darwin's Theory can be applied at any age. The unfortunate thing is that the Darwin Award contenders sometimes injure others who do possess common sense and ability in full measure.

Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL