Thread: RECYCLING POLL
View Single Post

Old 12-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: RECYCLING POLL

Good idea to do the poll. If it comes out as I believe it will, i.e., overwhelmingly against, it might be worthwhile to forward the results to Gary Lester or Morse or one of the Garys. No, it's not scientific or even that meaningful, but . . . :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

If enough people demonstrate their unhappiness with this action, maybe management could hold a plebiscite to get an accurate view of resident feelings. Ideally, it should be one vote per household. One option could be to include a postpaid card in the monthly amenity bill. Another possibly cheaper way, though it would not hit absentee owners, would be to have a poll at each of the Rec Centers. To reduce cost, the polls could be manned by volunteers from the POA and VHA. I assume we could trust these people to insure that only residents vote, only one time, and only one from each unit. That would limit cost to management (all of us, in the long run) and could likely be done quicker, before the recycling plan is implemented.

I know there are weaknesses in both alternatives, but since this would not be a legally binding decision, strictly advisory, I expect that normal election laws would not apply.

But, I could be wrong.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e