View Single Post

Old 12-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Daily Sun prints what the developer wants!

Here is my latest experience with home inspectors, as of last week...

They work for whoever hires them. They are like attorneys. If something is "marginal", it will be found on behalf of the client. If there is a typo in their report, it will be found to benefit the client. In my case, the buyer of my home hired a home inspector. He made a list of 5 things, 2 of which had nothing to do with codes, health, safety or even aesthetics. For example, a bulb was burned out in one of the three lights of a track light. He worded it "track light is not functioning properly." Another: "Numerous nail pops on shingle roof." This phrase was left over from a previous report - a cut and paste omission. There was one nail pop on the roof that I had already repaired. I'm glad I didn't hire a roofer at $150 to find NOTHING. Inspectors are hired and paid to find "something." But they may make a mountain out of a molehill.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley