View Single Post

Old 10-29-2014, 07:41 PM
Default Batterbee Roofing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybadger#47 View Post
I can say that I have been dealing with owen corning for well over a year just to get my shingles tested. I have a claim # and everytime I call I get promised to be placed on the fast track, because I have been waiting for them to respond to this for so long (lol, lol, lol) so far not one contact to check the shingles. don't know what recourse I have (if any at this point) these people just keep stringing me along and I have no way to hold them accountable. has anyone else had to deal with this situation and if so what is the resolution to the problem????
I just had my roof replaced by Batterbee Roofing. I filed a claim with Owens Corning at the end of May. Five of six of my immediate neighbors were approved for replacement, two have been completed and a seventh neighbor just started the process. After obtaining a claim number and awaiting a response from Owens, I found out that Batterbee will come out, inspect your roof and remove suspect shingles and submit the samples to Owens for $75.00. (I'm told I will get reimbursed). It is my understanding that the shingles are read by a machine to determine if they are defective. I witnessed the removal and my samples had numerous bare spots the size of dimes and quarters. My gutters would also have plenty of stones piled in them. Batterbee handled everything for me and I am very satisfied with them coordinating the process. The new shingles were supplied by Owens and a check was issued that I co-signed with Batterbee. I opted to pay for a fifty year shingle with a much better warranty for approximately $500.

The concern I have in all of this goes back to last year. When I saw all the roofs being replaced my neighbors and I contacted Warranty and we were told our shingles were not part of the problem. HOA and POA issued correspondence from Owens that the bad shingles were on homes built after January of 2007. Our homes were built in 2006. I called Warranty again in May and was again told that even though ours were the "defective" Oakridge shingles, they were not looking at homes built in 2006. I knew this was wrong because I knew people whose homes were built in 2006 that had already had their roofs replaced.

My other concern is for my one neighbor whose roof was deemed ok. Our seven homes were all built at the same time by the same builder and roofer using the same roofing shingles. His claim has been "closed" and we are all getting new roofs.