Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 10-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie2 View Post
Does anyone know a hairstylist in TV who can do a shag haircut, short version? (the cut that has been evolving since the 70's) It is still called "the shag" but might have another name, too, now. The secret to getting it right seems to be precision layering. Anybody?
You might want to try Urban Hair in Oxford, over by Bargains and Treasures.
Just south of CR 466. I had really good results from downstairs Whitney.
She is honest and if you give her a call, she'll tell you if she knows how to cut a shag.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I have a hair question......
I bet Uptown Girl or someone out there knows the answer.
I have developed severe allergies to all kinds of hair color. So I've decided to grow out my natural color.
If it were all gray, I would go blonde and let it grow out gradually. But it is about 60% dark and 40% grey. Really awful.
Right now I have it streaked, but you can still notice the grey/dark roots growing out and I hate it.
I don't want to cut it short, which is what a lot of friends have done to aid in the "going grey" process.
Is there any way to tastefully grow out my natural hair color, or am I doomed to look like a bag lady for the next year or two?