Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 10-30-2014, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie2 View Post
Have you crossed over from needing only semi-permanent color to needing permanent color?

Semi-permanent color is when they put it all over at the same time and the color gradually fades until next time.

Permanent color is a stronger process. It is a retouch of the roots only, as they grow in.

We can get by with semi-permanent for a long time but one day the white just gets to be too much and will turn pink.

Sometimes, even with a permanent color process, white hair can be particularly resistant to grabbing color. But there are salon products that should work. Wella is one of the best. It has been around for a long time and can work on even the most stubborn white roots. I think it has more pigment than some of the other salon brands.

Please consult with a professional though because I am not one. But I know what you mean. We do not go gently, do we. A good colorist also has to be a good chemist. It's all about the process. Good luck.
I agree, Wella is one of the best. In order to cover my gray, they must use a double pigment die, and Wella's is best for me. Urban Hair Salon across from Walmart on Wedgewood uses Wella. A single pigment only mildly covers my gray roots, after which I look two-toned.