Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 10-31-2014, 10:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
Hi Bare-
Eventually, I decided to cut my hair into a pixie to get rid of the majority of color. My hair was originally below my shoulders. The pixie was a shock- to myself and to others- and I still had to deal with dark tips, which now looked awful. No way to camouflage the ends.
In retrospect- I would get a great looking wig while transitioning to your new natural color.
During the day, I often wear a baseball hat. It's a great solution, but not for going out at night.
Because my hair isn't silver, it's "salt and pepper", I wrongly thought I could grow it out with just a lot of highlights. But the roots are very obvious.
I actually have a wig that I really like a lot. But pinning up my real (shoulder length) hair under a wig with bobby pins and then a "net" is hot and itchy and uncomfortable.
I think the solution is getting my hair cut in a pixie. Did you grow your hair long again after it turned silver?