View Single Post

Old 11-03-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I agree we disagree respectfully.

Peyton Manning is a class act and the fact he didn't say anything, but signed with the Bronco's says a lot, to me. For some owners, it's always the bottom line and or their product. Sorry, I don't buy that he felt tortured, as the Colts tanked that season, to get Luck. The saying was, s**k for Luck". He had to sign Luck for a lot of money too! He was more afraid he would miss out on another franchise type QB.

Football is a business after all, and that has been proven many times over, with players coming and going, as it suits management.

I'll give you Manning wasn't going to teach Luck how to be a great QB and that might have sealed his fate. The Pats did the same thing to Wes Welker by not negotiating a contract with him and then cried the blues, when he left for the Bronco's. No loyalty and respect. Robert Kraft felt tortured, that he left.

Wasn't the Colt's franchise, the one who packed up in the middle of the night and left Baltimore, for Indianapolis. A classy move!

It will interesting to see when Manning gets into the Hall of Fame whether he goes in as a Colt, or Bronco. My guess is a Bronco, for everything that happened when he was shown the door, at the Colts facility.

BTW - I was wrong. Brady and the Pats, gave the Bronco's a whipping yesterday.
Yep, we'll have to disagree.

Granted, Peyton is a class act, and it will be interesting to see what he does if he makes it to the HOF. (I'm sticking with "if", remember Pete Rose)

I'm not sure the Colts tanked that season on purpose. They were just terrible. The team was built around an explosive offense, and Curtis Painter wasn't up to the task.

Don't forget that Baltimore was threatening the elder Irsay with the ever-classy taking of his team through eminent domain, endless litigation, etc. Maybe leaving in the middle of the night was a prudent idea.