View Single Post

Old 12-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G
Default Re: Driving in the roundabouts

About a year ago it was published in the paper what the law enforcement agencies (Lady Lake Police, Sumter and Marion Sheriff's office) said about turning right from the left lane. They claimed that if you turn right in front of someone in the right lane, you would be at fault for not yielding right away as the person on right has right away if they collide with you. There is only one circle in the villages that can be driven as they should be, that being the one at Orange Blossom Hills on the historic side. It is large enough to drive the left lane and then switch to make your turn to the right. All of the rest are too short to do this properly. I you are in the left lane and can't make your turn, you are supposed to go around move to the right lane then turn. I have driven in different countries all over the world and has always been the same, except for the countries that drive the left side and then it was just the opposite. I have driven in all of the states in the US and Canada Providences as an Over The Road Driver (18 Wheeler) and driver trainer for years.