View Single Post

Old 11-08-2014, 12:07 AM
Veteran member

And yet many of them will charge us if we're late or miss an appointment! So galling.

Quote:
We always try to get an early appointment. That way we are first and do not end up waiting because of any backlog/overbooking.
I had the first 8 am appointment with Dr. Chin recently and when I arrived and signed in, saw that there were two other patients with 8 am appointments for Chin. If she wonders why I was crabby and ill-tempered when I finally got to see her at 8:50, she should look examine her own conscience.

I had an appointment yesterday where I was getting ready to walk out after 69 minutes sitting in the exam room, but the stupid guy is only here once a week and I'd already waited 5 weeks for that appointment. During which he didn't listen and scolded me for taking a certain medication. Hey! I DIDN'T WRITE THE PRESCRIPTION MYSELF, you know. Thank the bozo before you.

And get this -- is it a thing now for a dr. to ask a question, then while I'm answering, take out his cell phone and start texting with someone? WHILE I'M TALKING. No apology, no explanation, just ignoring me. It's bad enough that half of them sit with their backs to you while they enter info into the computer. The last guy who did that (eye dr), I turned my back to him when I answered.

Last edited by Halibut; 11-08-2014 at 10:40 AM.