View Single Post

Old 12-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Default Re: Closing costs- New Construction vs Pre-owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelstiles
DickY - Congratulations!!! 040

Bubbalarry - We've looked at over 20 homes with TV real estate last week (including a few new ones) and were never told about a promotional discount on closing costs for new construction homes :dontknow:

Also, while we have been active prospects since our preview visit in May, we only learned about the closeout specials through TOTV - and when we mentioned it to the RE agent we were told the office managed those email promotions and that they had no control over who got the mailings or how the mailing list was compiled :

I'd like to know why this is not either on their website, or automatically communicated (by letter or email) to qualified, active prospects?
Sorry to hear that you didn't hear about it. We have been working with sales for a few years and could not make a connection on a place that fit our needs and only after we had started looking into Savannah Courtyard villas did they come up with the model we liked at the price we liked and with the discounts and free closing costs did we buy.

My wife and I didn't need to buy and we were a very hard sell. We could have rented without any reservations since we only come down for the winter months. Mostly me, she comes for February. I will tell you that perhaps the weather at the beginning of August this month was awfully hot and humid. That may have had an effect on sales overall. They TV weren't very busy but had allot of units to sell, we just hit them at the right time.

Example the same unit down and away from us sold in Feb 07 for 260+K and settlement fees. Whereas we only paid 228K period. 040 040 040