View Single Post

Old 11-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Default Another perspective....

I only play about 4-5 rounds a year on the executive courses, so my perspective is only on the championship courses. Conceding putts or having people putt out is not the major issue with pace of play. The pace of play involves everything you do in the round. Being ready to hit when it is your turn. Walk with some pace when you leave the green. I see far too many people walk like they are going to the electric chair after they are done on the green. I also agree with many of the posts about play the correct tees. If I am a single and get paired with 3 guys playing the white tees and my normal is blue tees, I play the whites. It is kind of fun the see the course from a different perspective.

I also don't think it is women or men that are the slowest players. Slow players come in all types. I have had to tell people I have played with that they are slow in about everything they do on the course. It is a reason people hesitate to play with them at times. I have done it with 2 friends. One thanked me and tried to improve. The other was not as open to the feedback.

When I started to get me wife involved in golf I told her that nobody cares what you get for score. It is more important to play ready golf. She does great with pace of play and has a very high handicap.

FYI-Yesterday my Thursday group played Mallory. We teed off at 8:00, 8:08, and 8:16. I was in the last group. By 12:30 I was in my cart on the way home after playing 18 holes of golf and having lunch at Mallory. We finished golf at 12:00. I know a 3:45 round in The Villages is odd, but it can happen.