View Single Post

Old 11-21-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneil View Post
Gary, thanks for the wonderful ideas! We will be moving into Hillsborough in Jan!
I did briefly meet neighbors who said they are having trouble with Comcast. Are you having any problems with losing signal?
Where did you find your washer/dryer?
Love all of your ideas, especially the stickies!
So far we are fine with Bright House. When I dealt with Lysander, he committed to have eight of the nine ports in the house activated ... so we can move TVs around or the modem box any place except one wall. Typically they do activate only 3 ports on an initial install. They also have a seasonal rate ... if you are gone for two months or more (up to about 6 months I think), they will only charge you a deactivation fee of ~$25 during that time period ... and you only have to call them that day to deactivate or activate your services. ... I do not know how they compare with other services since I have not dealt with the others.

We bought the washer/dryer and the mattress and box springs at Whites Furniture in Summerfield. They had a special going on for a "free" tv if you order $x dollars (forgot the amount). ... I think it was a 42" (we are not there right now). You actually pay for the tv ... but you get a visa card sent to you for cost of the tv.

We bought our bedroom set and den sleeper sofa and chair at Babettes in Leesburg .. using Sharon as the salesperson.

I strongly recommend attending the 2-hour workshop of the VCDD Orientation ... very well worth the time.

We bought our kitchen table at City Furniture located on Paige Pl.

Also attend the Villages Homeowner's Association Newcomer's Meeting Held the second Tuesday of each month at Colony Rec Center.

You should get personal cards (size of business cards) that have your contact information ... everyone gets these and passes them out ... use vistaprint to print these (best offer I think) ... look at other peoples cards to get an idea what they put on it.

Good luck,
Gary