View Single Post

Old 11-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

I tried OB today for lunch. The restaurant is certainly an improvement over the much need renovations that the old place was in dire need of. In my opinion the renovation is "not over the top" but nice. We sat in the front room and it looks no different than it was before except it is cleaner. The chairs at the table in the front room were like an iron scroll café chair. They were already wobbling. Tables were used banquette tables with table cloths draped over. Take a close look at the rest of the "new" furniture, good but by no stretch top shelf. I had fish and chips. Cost $12.95. Waitress mentioned something about advertising in the newspaper because that used to be the specialty when Chip ran the restaurant. Well it is OK - didn't hold a candle to what it used to be. Waitress told us it was happy hour and the price of a Manhattan was $2.50. When the bill arrived it was $3.50 with apologies for misquoting the price.

I liked it. Glad it is here. I only see the WOW factor if you are comparing it to what was there in the dying days. If you compare to Evans Prairie or Bonifay I say it's in third place for food and price.