View Single Post

Old 12-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Glenview Restaurant

John, our golf group went to La Hacienda last summer and had the meal from HELL and the waitress from the lower rungs of HELL. She was so bad that she brought all the tickets to the table and gave them to one of our guys and said that we could distribute them. We had not given her a hard time at all. Soooooo, I wrote to the Manager, explained the problems, and received a very nice response, credits, and they asked for another chance.
It took a while to convince my group to go back but we did...the Manager came to our tables and personally apologized then we had an outstanding meal and outstanding service. Others have been back just to test the waters and reported good things. I chose not to make a scene but to handle it with a letter to the GM that just laid out the issues. I think we all benefited and so did the restaurant.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC