View Single Post

Old 11-24-2014, 07:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
I am sorry for posting such a contoversal post. Doing so, is not my norm. When I first posted my rant on TOTV it was just that.... a rant,and I should have been more specific. Since posting, I contacted June to discuss the ban. It was actually the library that banned the book. Not the school.
The title "Yo God, Jay's Story" had nothing to do with religion. Yo God, was just a saying Jonathan (his birth name) said when he got exited. Although there is mention of June questioning the higher power when Her son's health got worse and medical professionals were not being honest with her. She watched her son die slowly and she needed to blame someone. Actually June is a highly religious person. She plays organ and sings at the church and is highly motivated in other church functions. Faith in God has nothing to do with her story, a story everyone who has walked down that dark path should read.
My complaint is, This story is written from her heart and her shared experiences could help others cope with a similar situation. Banning this book is a mistake. PS. I was influential in assisting June choose a title. I saw no reason of it being so offensive.

YOU have absolutely no reason to be sorry for anything and no reason to apologize. Those who make everything they can into a political statement and some sort of anti rant and attempt to make everyone feel guilty are the ones who should be apologizing.

Making everyone feel guilty seems to be a normal practice today instead of respecting others views and they want to make THEIR view front and center instead of allowing anyone else to give theirs.

Your story was well received and I KNOW you owe nobody an apology in anyway