View Single Post

Old 12-28-2007, 03:40 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Life Style Preview

We were there for four days this past week. It was not enough time to do half of what we would have liked. Spent 1/2 the time looking at houses. Played some tennis, got up early and photographed Sumter Landing as the sun was rising and the place was coming to life. Went to a Princess Diana dress exposition in Ocala. Got most of the freebees on the Lifestyle card clicked off.

Oh, and we were worried about it being too hot in TV. I've lived in Fort Lauderdale for 45 years. My wife lived up north and thought she would prefer living further north in North Carolina. But after considerable thought about the cold, she prefers the warmth of TV. It's all relative, isn't it. If your wife thinks it's too cold in TV, she has her body sensors turned way up to "extreme sensitivity." There is very little variation in temps between central Florida and the SW or SE FL coasts. If you are within a mile of the coast, there is less temperature variability from night to day - being inland, TV provides more temparature variance between night and day, maybe 15 to 20 degrees difference instead of just 5 to 10 degrees, which I think is a neat thing... but not as extreme as up north, say St. Louis for example where the day/night variance might be 30 to 40 degrees or more. But compared to SW Florida, there is very little difference.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley