View Single Post

Old 11-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by In awe of TV View Post
A co-worker suggested that I try the OTC Glucosamine and Chondrotin. I started giving her the chewables and I noticed a tremendous improvement within 2 weeks! She can now jump on the sofa and bed without a problem and no limping. I am no vet but maybe an OTC supplement can help with the pain? It wouldn't hurt IMHO. Sometime RX's just mask the pain and don't solve the problem.
Actually Glucosamine is a great idea. Without glucosamine, my 14 year old dog acts like a very old dog.
With glucosamine, it's amazing, he is like a puppy and can keep up with the young dogs at the dog park.
It works like a light switch, he goes from bad to super-wonderful in a few days.
Sadly, I tried people glucosamine for six months, and it definitely doesn't work for me.

The products I use for my dog:
Head to Tail - Hip & Joint (chicken liver flavored dog chews). I bought it at Paws. Sometimes he gets tired of taking one every day, so I put a little mayonnaise on it.
or
Cosequin DS joint health supplement plus MSM (tasty soft chews). I bought this product at Walmart.