View Single Post

Old 11-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&Pam View Post
We have a 7 lb Yorkie. She limps and has been given several prescriptions by our present doctor. She has a rear right leg and the patella is out of place.
The medicine doesn't seem to help outside of making her groggy, She is 11.5 years old.
If anyone could recommend a reliable orthopedic doctor or hospital, please let us know.
Thanks in advance.

Jack
Sent you a PM but will post here too for the sake of others that may have this problem.

Jack & Pam, please check with Dr. Zern at Chuluota Vet Hospital. Chuluota is just on the East side of Orlando and he fixes many of the dogs we bring in at Poodle and Pooch Rescue, Dogs for adoption from our Rescue in Orlando FL of which I am The Villages liaison. If you click on the link, then go to the IN RECOVERY page, scroll down & you'll see a Sr. Yorkie that had the surgery on both legs.

I checked with our President when I saw your post and she said Dr. Zern did her dog's surgery as well and she said he is hands down the BEST in our area.
Phone is 407-366-3233

If your baby has a patella problem, meds won't fix it.

Rebecca from PPR will be at Eisenhower Rec Center this Wed- Dec 3rd @ 7pm as will I for the RDOG meeting.

She has much experience with problems such as your Yorkies. Susan G

Last edited by Susan G; 11-30-2014 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Punctuation