View Single Post

Old 12-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Sage
Default Re: I could not believe my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
The Villages provides 47 Golf Courses, 91 Recreation Centers and 69 Pools. I hear TV also recently provided upgraded play facilities for visiting grandchildren.

The Villages allows two dogs per household. And this is great as pets provide many benefits to seniors. Yet TV has no dog walking areas. Of course pets should not be walked on neighbours' properties!

In spite of welcoming thousands of dogs to TV, the developer has made no provision for 2 or 3 fenced dog parks. I think a few centrally-located dog parks would go a long way to making everyone much happier. And owners would pick up after their dogs, or be reminded by other dog owners to do so.
I pay to take my two dogs daily to Doggie Doo Run Run as do many, many other dog owners. DDRR will eventually close as it is a private dog park and the land is very valuable (backs on a TV golf course). When that happens, the dog "issue" will really ignite.

I'm hoping to join the Pet Lovers Club and get them interested in lobbying the developer for some scrubby parcel of land that can be fenced and donated for a dog park. I will post a reminder prior to the next Pet Lovers Meeting.