View Single Post

Old 12-31-2007, 02:28 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.
Default Re: Elder protection versus right to autonomy

Thank you very much for this info; my parents are 81 and seem to be doing very well managing their money but my 83 yr old mother in law was recently scammed by Craftmatic Adjustable Bed for a regular length adjustable dual bed for almost $5,000!!! I had to do a lot of work to get the order canceled!

P. S. I found the same bed on line which could be purchased either from an on-line store or a brick and mortar store. The bed frame used by Craftmatic is made by a company called Leggett and Platt. A frame with all the bells and whistles (dual motors and massage) should cost no more than $1,000 to $1,200 and a good mattress may cost as much as $1,000 depending on your choice of quality, style and length of warranty. The cost of the same bed my mother in law had purchased from Craftmatic I could have bought for between $1,200 and $1,500 delivered and set up. The cheaper one takes longer for delivery.