View Single Post

Old 12-31-2007, 04:22 AM
Platinum member
Default Re: Quicken and Banking Online

Barb, Online banking is the future and I would never revert back to traditional banking. Online banking allows you to pay bills without the cost of stamps, and always on time. The only checks we write are the copays when we visit doctors, church, and the supermarket which could easily be done by direct debit. Paper checks are indeed a part of history. If you don't keep a check register, however, you'd have to rely upon your memory to reconcile your monthly statement--unless you just accept your bank statement as the current state of affairs. Bubbalarry mentioned that Quicken makes it easier to prepare for tax prep. I like the database part of Quicken, where I can instantly search for a payment and the date. Yeah, I could search online for the last 90 days or through past bank statements. Keep in mind that Quicken is more than a checking account register, and allows people to keep track of several accounts. Of course it's not for everyone. We all have different needs and sometimes habits which have served us well and maybe hard to break. Compared to a paper check register, Quicken wins hands down. By the way, where do you get Turbo Tax for free?