View Single Post

Old 01-01-2008, 03:57 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Suggestion About Subject Headings...

Okay, here's my feelings. I didn't mind another thread on dog poop -- I think the tirades are rather amusing (sorry, folks). I loved Tony wishing us a happy new year. When Osh posted the, "do you think she knew," I liked her message. However, in all of these examples, I resented being rooked in -- I would have been much happier with an honest heading. A heading that let me decide if I wanted to read it or not.

And yes, I can go into a post and see it is of no interest and then immediately leave but (1) I'm nosy and (2) I'm lazy. So, I'm in the post, I'm gonna read it just in case there's something of interest halfway down. Besides, I'm here, why bother with a click when I can be reading. I'd much rather know what I'm going to be reading about before I start reading.

By putting in a misleading heading, you don't credit the group with being able to make a decision for themselves. Heck, in the last two days I've read posts 4 or 5 times (and these were posts that held zero interest for me) just to do what I could to get the 400,000.

So, I do agree with gf. Putting in a misleading heading is very irritating and, I think, condescending. Sorry, guys.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein