View Single Post

Old 01-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: New Years on the Squares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle
A year ago, the "silent majority" was complaining because people in the squares kept piling in with chairs, moving the new front row of seats closer and closer to the bandstand until there was no room to dance. People who had arrived in the AM to set up tables and seats in prime positions found themselves shuffled to the back. This year, the powers that be decided to try a new tactic. They'd set up a special area for tables and allow people to reserve marked spaces (for $$$, of course). All hell broke loose!! Now I will grant you that this action was handled miserably. Idi Amin had a better sense of PR than the Rec people did on this one. Faced with criticism, they caved. Don't know for sure, but I expect the attitude was then: "To hell with it. Just treat the day like any other and if people want parties, let 'em hold their own."

Now people have known about this for weeks, especially if they read TOTV. But what do we have today? Shock and amazement that the music died at 9:00!!! Wake up, people. You knew this was the situation.

So now we have ideas, what TV should do. Close the Town Centers, only allow Villagers, and check IDs. Get serious!! Just give the logistics involved a modicum of thought and you'll realize the absurdity of the idea. And of course there are just a few legal and contractual issues involved. Move it to the Polo Field. It's got possibilities, worth looking into. However, suggesting it here isn't going to make it happen. If you think this is the solution, contact the Rec Division or whatever they are, make the suggestion, and volunteer to assist in working the details.

The overreaction to last night is almost laughable. If this is the biggest disappointment you encounter in TV, consider yourself very lucky. And if you write decide to make your voice heard to the Morse family or management or whomever, make sure you have a suggestion to go along with your complaint.

(okay, so I overdid it a bit. I've had a headcold for 5 days. :: I'm sick, man. :bow

Totally agree Muncle ..............The comments here are laughable considering the reasons for suspension were given weeks ago. Hang in there had the same :edit:d*** cold for 2 weeks and just now feeling less ornery according to my better half.