View Single Post

Old 01-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: New Years on the Squares

I was actually being slightly sarcastic in using "riff-raff." It seems many Villagers consider anyone who doesn't live in TV as riff-raff. Quite honestly, I've met several in the squares who do not live here. If there's a dog around and I can pet it, I'm there. Many non-Villagers bring their dogs, so I end up talking to them. I've yet to find a person I've met in the Squares to be anything but nice.

Now, I have a question -- are all roads in TV public or are some considered owned by TV? I was under the illusion that those within the gates were technically private but patrolled by county under some strange agreement. Are the squares themselves public or private property? What about the streets right around the squares?

As to using the Polo Grounds for dancing, it surely wouldn't be that hard to put down some temporary dance floors. Might even be a good idea to protect the grass.

I don't think the complaints were about the music stopping at 9:00 p.m., everyone knew that was going to happen. I think it was the being told to leave at 9:00. Personally, I would take great offense to that had I been there. If I want to stay and just walk around or even dance to the music in my head (or iPod or boom box), why couldn't I?

Muncle, hope you feel better soon. (Yes, you were grumpy. ) And Chuckster, glad you're on the mend.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein