Thread: The Plan
View Single Post

Old 12-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Default The Plan

Hi All,

First let me say, great website and forum.

I’m a single 60 year old male, recently retired, currently living in Massachusetts.

I am in the process of scouting out a permanent retirement residence in the Central Florida area, and anticipate spending some time in the area after the holidays to do some onsite reconnaissance.

Based on my remote research thus far, I am very interested in The Villages as a potential area to reside. Having booked a two-week stay in an Orlando timeshare, from Feb. 07-21, I would like to visit The Villages during my stay and get a feel for the area and lifestyle.

Some questions…
In addition to the trolley tour and speaking with the development’s sales consultants, how can I best spend my time to get some real perspective?

Without a guest pass, am I still able to use the restaurants and bars in town and visit the clubhouses? Suggestions?

While there, I would also like to visit some homes, especially potential rentals, as my plan is for a longer stay of 1-6 months in May (when rental rates are lower). This should allow me to acquire sufficient intel regarding The Villages as a place to settle permanently and a desired area/village to settle in.

In the meantime, I would welcome any information regarding most and least desirable villages to concentrate on. I am estimating a $60-65K per year spending budget adjusted for inflation.

Would also welcome any recommendations on best realtors to work with, both Villages realtors and independent MLS realtors specializing in The Villages.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alan
ADR0317