View Single Post

Old 01-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

I found this when we moved in. Mine was due to improper installation. My dryer was close to the wall and flexible duct was installed then the dryer was push back due to the offset between two connection the vent was partially closed off. Poor alr flow allowed lint build up. due to the design of my CYV I had to get close metal offset vent. Works great now.

Dryer venting ducting not smooth tube there are bump or raised area that affect air flow which allows lint to catch or stick to sides. Over time lint builds up. Not the problem in the vent but inside the dryer where the hint allowed to build up due to the clogged or poor airflow. When lint build up in their when the fire hazard exists. Once lit links very flammable and quickly gets out of hand.

Dryer vents, refrigerator, stove, and central air filters are IMO routine cleaning maintenance (behind and under them due to dust) and should be check on biannual schedule depending on what you find. Don't find much then you schedule can increase. I bet very low percentage check this. For me far I got moved in it was the first thing I checked.